Industrial Floor specialists work with fluid applied material (epoxy) to create seamless floor surfaces, wall coatings and tank linings. We also specialize in the installation of polished concrete as well as joint filling. This job will require frequent in state travel with infrequent out of state work. Full-time job with office located in Appleton, WI. This is an hourly paid position which offers full health insurance and 401K opportunities.
Technical Skills/Abilities and Required Temperaments:
- Building and construction – knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the installation of resinous flooring and seamless wall coating products, going over concrete, wood and metal floors.
- Mechanical-Knowledge of machines and hand tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer and Personal Service – Ability to interact with customers/ construction foreman, communicating with them while on job site providing customer satisfaction.
- Problem solving – Ability to provide solutions in the field in order to complete projects in a timely fashion.
- Mathematics- ability to measure and work with ratios within precise limits.
- Team Player-must be able to work with others in order to achieve results in an efficient manner.
Materials and Tools Used:
Shop blaster, grinders, hand tools, epoxy, various chemicals, and spray equipment for walls, tow motor and automated machinery.
- Loading and unloading work trucks to include cleaning of equipment and organization.
- Set-up mixing area, organize product and mix material to precise measurement, tracking usage when complete.
- Assisting with floor prep hand grinding, vacuuming, sweeping, joint filling and general clean-up.
- Assisting with floor or wall installation; coating, finish rolling, broadcasting, runner for material.
- Additional duties assigned by job foreman.
- Willing to work long hours or even on weekends and holidays.
- Fast learner and be able to do tasks as expected.
High School Diploma or GED,
Valid Driver’s License
Prior experience as a cement finisher, epoxy installer or flooring installer helpful.