Why resurface your floors?
- To repair mildly, moderately or severely eroded concrete.
- To create a strong, dense, new surface for a less than the cost of slab replacement.
- To improve and protect floors from heavy traffic and severe conditions.
Why coat your floors?
- To protect the concrete from dusting and eroding over time.
- To create an environment that is easier to maintain and keep clean.
- To improve the aesthetic quality of your facility.
How long do I need to stay off newly-coated floors?
- Most applications take two to three days from the time we start the process to the time you can be back on the area.
- Some products may take up to two weeks to be 100% cured. These floors, with a few precautions, can still be used after 24 hours of application.
How long will the floor coating last?
- On average, a well maintained floor coating will last from 4 to 8 years and in some cases up to 15 years.
- Here are four things that will help determine the life expectancy of a floor:
- The preparation. The right bond needs to be created for each product.
- The durability of the products being applied.
- The thickness or amount of product being applied. Epoxy can be applied to any thickness you desire. Urethane is confined to 4 mils per coat, but it has better durability characteristics.
- The traffic and housekeeping of the areas. It is very important to keep the area free from dirt and debris. Dirt under traffic works like sand paper and could prematurely wear the surface.
How do I best take care of my floors?