Epoxy Installers work with fluid applied material (epoxy) to create seamless floor surfaces, wall coatings and tank linings. We also specialize in the installation of polished concrete as well as joint filling. This job will require frequent in state travel with infrequent out of state work. Full-time job with office located in Appleton, WI. This is an hourly paid position which offers full health insurance and 401K opportunities.
Technical Skills/Abilities and Required Temperaments:
- Building and construction – knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the installation of resinous flooring and seamless wall coating products, going over concrete, wood and metal floors.
- Mechanical-Knowledge of machines and hand tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer and Personal Service – Ability to interact with customers/ construction foreman, communicating with them while on job site providing customer satisfaction.
- Problem solving – Ability to provide solutions in the field in order to complete projects in a timely fashion.
- Mathematics- ability to measure and work with ratios.
- Team Player-must be able to work with others in order to achieve results in an efficient manner.
Materials and Tools Used:
Small shot blaster, grinders, hand tools, epoxy, various chemicals, and spray equipment for walls, tow motor and automated machinery.
- Loading and unloading work trucks to include cleaning of equipment and organization.
- Set-up and organize mixing area, mix material to precise measurement, also tracking material usage.
- Assisting with floor prep which may include; hand grinding, vacuuming, sweeping, joint filling and general clean-up.
- Assisting with floor or wall installation which may include; coating, finish rolling, broadcasting, runner for material.
- Additional duties assigned by job foreman.
- Willing to work long hours or even on weekends and holidays.
- Willing to learn and be able to do tasks as instructed.
High School Diploma or GED,
Valid Driver’s License
Prior experience as a cement finisher, epoxy installer or flooring installer is helpful.