- Use a moderate foaming detergent that will rinse easily with hot or cold water
– Light Soil – non-butyl, non-caustic industrial detergent
– Oil/Grease – high-alkaline, non-caustic industrial detergent
- Prior to using brooms, scrub brushes, scouring pads or any other cleaning utensil on the finished floor, conduct a test on a product sample to be sure surface damage/scratches will not result from its use.
- When using a power floor machine, brushes should be soft poly bristles. Do not use stiff nylon or metallic bristles. These types of brushes or aggressive pads will damage the floor finish.
- When using a power washer, do not exceed 1,500 psi and use a wide spray applicator. Use of higher psi or targeted spray nozzle can damage the floor.
- Use of a soft neoprene squeegee is appropriate and can be inexpensively purchased at Menards. Avoid the stiff barn cleaner type squeegee as it will not do the job. Another option is to purchase what is called sponge squeegee which will not only absorb water but help direct water to drain or outside for additional cleanup.
Following these simple instructions will assure you of a long lasting, hard wearing floor for years to come.